The cutting-edge healthcare facilities, physicians and medical services available in Houston have grown over the years to meet the healthcare needs of the communities they serve. Patients now have the opportunity to heal closer to home, work and family.
Here are some Medical Tips for Moving:
- If you have a special healthcare need or requirement, refer to and call the healthcare facilities found within this website.
- Call the offices of all your current physicians/dentists and tell them that you are moving. Ask for referrals they might be willing to make.
- If you have already selected physicians/dentists, ask your current physician to forward copies of the records of each of your family members to your new doctor.
- If you have not yet selected physicians/dentists, ask your current physician/dentist to make copies of pertinent records of all your family members for you to take with you. Pack these records in your suitcase, not in the moving van, so they will be readily available in case of an emergency.
- It is extremely important that you get the immunization records for your children before you move. You cannot enroll your children in local schools without these records. You will also need certified
copies of your children’s birth certificates as well as the addresses of your children’s former schools.
- If you are a member of a healthcare HMO/PPO plan, or have a prescription drug card, be sure to notify the company of your moving plans. The insurance company should be able to provide you with a list of physicians/ healthcare facilities in the area.
- Pack an emergency first aid kit to take en route to your new home. Items such as bandages, thermometer, pain killers or aspirin, antihistamine, first-aid ointment, tweezers and decongestant can come in handy.
- Don’t forget your pets. Contact your veterinarian for copies of their records. Ask for referrals they might be willing to make.