Including Kids – Autism Center
Place Category: Education and Private Schools
At Including Kids, it is a vital goal for 100% of our clients to be included in the community. This includes in school, at job sites, in group programs and through social activities. As our clients continue to thrive, we are building programs and partnerships that support children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder, including those that may exhibit aggressive behaviors. Our multi-faceted program teaches life skills, self-awareness, self-control, communication, social skills and academic training to the level of each individual’s abilities.
Including Kids was founded in 2003 at a time when autism was reaching epidemic levels and there were very few services offered in the state of Texas. In response to the needs of the community and fueled by her passion for autism advocacy, Jennifer Dantzler and a loyal Board of Directors started the Including Kids Autism Center. We have created a full-time program that continues to change the lives of children and young adults with autism, offering them a chance to be included in the community. Today, Including Kids has served over one thousand families through various service offerings including:
- Full-time Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) programming
- After-School Programs Please see our after-school page for a list of groups offered.
- Community Outreach Initiatives FREE to the public (i.e. Parents Night Out, Autism Friendly Events, Babysitter’s Course)
- Behavioral Therapy Consultation or Assessment
- Fundamental Behavior Skills
- Ready for Life
- Young Adult Program
- FREE Saturday Support Workshops
- Lunch & Learn Workshops.