Image by: Matt Walsh
Houston Parks for your Loose Tongued Barks
Houston, Texas, is a vibrant metropolis that welcomes furry friends with open arms. Whether you’re seeking leash-free romps in spacious parks, scenic walks along bayous, or dips in refreshing pools, the city offers a plethora of exciting destinations to explore with your canine companion. So, leash up your pup and embark on unforgettable adventures at these top dog-friendly spots in Houston:
- Millie Bush Dog Park: This park has separate areas for small and large dogs, as well as a walking trail, ponds, and a dog shower.
- Johnny Steele Dog Park: This park is located in Buffalo Bayou Park and has a variety of amenities, including shade structures, dog washing areas, and drinking fountains with spigots for dogs.
- Danny Jackson Family Bark Park: This park has green space for off-leash dogs, with sections for small and large dogs, plus a dog swimming pool!
Other Dog-Friendly Activities:
- Take a walk or hike on a dog-friendly trail: There are many trails in Houston that are open to dogs, such as the Buffalo Bayou Trail and the Terry Hershey Park Hike and Bike Trail.
- Go for a swim at a dog-friendly beach or pool: There are a few places in Houston where you can take your dog for a swim, such as Splashway Waterpark and Sylvan Beach Park.
- Enjoy a patio meal at a dog-friendly restaurant: There are many restaurants in Houston that have outdoor patios where you can bring your dog, such as Giacomo’s Cibo e Vino and Soto’s Cantina.
Before you take your dog out, be sure to check the leash laws and other regulations in the area. You should also make sure your dog is up-to-date on their vaccinations and is wearing a collar and ID tag.