Welcome To Memorial Lutheran School – Now Building a Strong Foundation.
Memorial Lutheran School is a Classical Christian school, educating children since 1980. Memorial is located at the corner of Bering Drive and Westheimer, just west of the Galleria.
Learning begins with our Infant and Toddler programs, and continues on through the early childhood, elementary and middle school levels. Building a strong Christian foundation with a love of learning is our main purpose.
Children at Memorial Lutheran School leave well-rounded and ready for the next level of their education. MLS graduates are accepted into many of Houston’s premier high schools.
Being able to participate in choir, band, orchestra, athletics, extra-curricular activities and Chapel helps students to grow in mind, body and faith. Memorial Lutheran students learn respect and Christian love for teachers and for one another.
School Size: 255 Students
Infant Program Ratios
(6 weeks-11 months) – 4:1
(12 -18 months) – 5:1
(18-24 months) – 7:1
Early Childhood Ratios
Early Start 1 – (turning 2 Sept -Dec) – 9:1
Early Start 2’s (2 by August) – 11:1
Preschool 3’s – 15:1
Pre-K 4’s – 15:1
Above ratios in Early Childhood vary, as aides are in the classrooms throughout the day, and ratios are actually lower
Kindergarten – 10:1
Elementary – 20:1 (Teacher Aides assist in 1st and 2nd grade)
Middle School – 20:1
2012 Re-accredited with National Lutheran Schools Accreditation Commission; Exemplary Status
Houston Area Independent Schools (HAIS)
Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
Private Schools Interscholastic Association (PSIA)
A diverse community
- The Memorial Lutheran School student body represents over 20 countries including: Chad, Tanzania, Angola, Nigeria, Iran , India, Lebanon, Norway, Germany, Australia, China, Vietnam, South Korea, the Philippines, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Canada, Russia, France, and of course the U.S.
- A Reading Buddy program pairs young and old students together to enhance a cross grade-level learning atmosphere and to help promote cultural awareness
- We provide opportunities throughout the year for our international students to highlight their cultures
Academic excellence, small classes and a challenging curriculum
- Our students are competitive against other students across the country that take the Stanford Achievement Test, scoring well above average
- MLS students compete in various academic competitions that include: Academic Quest for middle school, PSIA for grades 1 through 8, National Latin Exam, Bible Bowl, Essay, Poetry, and Music
- Technology begins at the Preschool 3 level with use of iPad’s in the classroom and weekly computer class
- Logic is incorporated throughout the middle school curriculum
- We offer both Spanish and Latin classes, as well as, after school German Club
Developing a strong Christian character
- Infants through 8th grade attend weekly chapel and receive daily Christian teaching; Early Childhood students read Bible stories, learn Christian values and love for one another; elementary and middle school teachers incorporate Christian teaching throughout the day
- Students and families participate in community outreach activities including: yearly chapel offerings that benefit both local and global charities, annual food and toy drives that benefit West Houston Assistance Ministries (WHAM) and opportunities to help our church’s blind outreach mission and Nicaraguan mission
- Our headmaster and faculty promote respect for self and one another
Graduates prepared for High School and beyond
- Memorial Lutheran School students are prepared to enter the many private high schools in Houston. Recent school acceptances include: Lutheran High North, Second Baptist School, Houston Christian HS, Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, St. Thomas HS, Episcopal HS, St. Agnes Academy and Westbury Christian School
- Upper grade teachers assist our students in ISEE test preparation
- We encourage current students to participate in shadow days at the high schools of their choice
Enrichment opportunities in Art, Music, Foreign Language, and Athletics
- All students participate in music class twice a week
- Orchestra is offered as an elective in 1st – 4th grade; orchestra or instrumental band is required in 5th – 8th grade
- Students participate in several concerts each year
- Music electives for middle school include: select choir, chimes, and hand bells
- Infants through 8th grade art projects are showcased in our annual Spring Art Fair
- Middle school students participate in journalism by working on the monthly school newsletter
- Students in 1st – 4th grade participate in basketball through the West Houston Christian Athletic League. 5th – 8thgrade may participate in volleyball, soccer, basketball, cheerleading and track
- We also offer after school soccer, Kid Fit, karate, dance classes and German Club
Address: 5800 Westheimer Road
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.