Alief ISD is a Texas Education Agency Recognized school district. Alief is located in the southwestern part of Houston, and is proud to be one of the most ethnic ally diverse school districts in the United States. Students come from around the world and speak more than 83 different languages, at more than forty campuses.
In the 2009-10 school year Alief ISD opened the new Alief Early College High School in partnership with Houston Community College. At AECHS students work through accelerated classes, and in their four years of high school can earn both their high school diploma and an associate degree, free of charge. Additional programs are offered to help Alief students who need alternatives to regular class schedules. Students can attend night high school classes to earn a diploma, and vocational programs are offered to assist students in gaining career training.
Alief ISD was recognized as a finalist for the H-E-B Excellence in Education Award in 2010. The district also has been acknowledged through a number of outstanding accomplishments by the students, teachers and other district representatives. Rising student test scores have been surpassing many state averages, showing the willingness and dedication to meeting the needs of every child in Alief ISD. Also, Alief ISD was one of only a handful of districts across Texas who, for the third year in a row, reached out to dropouts and invited them back into school to continue and complete their education. The district touched the lives of several hundred former students through the “Reach out for Dropouts” program.
Some of Alief ISD’s recent accomplishments and notable achievements include:
• Alief ISD is pleased to have earned its seventh consecutive rating of “Superior Achievement” under Texas Schools FIRST Financial Accountability Rating System. This is the state’s highest rating, demonstrating the outstanding quality of the school district’s financial management and reporting system.
• Alief ISD had four teachers named as semi-finalists for the H-E-B Excellence In Education teaching awards.
• Alief ISD has 93% of their campuses rated as “Exemplary” or “Recognized.” The others are “Academically Acceptable.” There are no low performing schools in the district.
• Alief ISD Class of 2010 graduates earned more than $26 million in scholarships and grants.
• Alief ISD’s current School Board member Sarah Winkler became the President of the Texas Association of School Boards.
• Alief ISD continues to receive support from more than 300 area business partners through volunteer and mentoring programs.
The district offers a wide range of educational opportunities across all 43 campuses in academics, the arts, and career and technology education, as well as special education, gifted/talented, English as a second language (ESL), and bilingual programs. The twenty-fourth elementary campus was built in 2006-2007, additionall, the district has six intermediate schools, five high schools and two ninth-grade centers, six middle schools, and an alternative learning center.
Alief ISD greatly appreciates support from caring parents, involved community members, and outstanding business partners. Together, Alief ISD is keeping the momentum to continue preparing students for tomorrow by caring for them today. For more information, contact the Alief Independent School District at 281-498-8110.
Address: 4250 Cook Rd
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.